Community Ownership Solutions is a unique and proactive not-for-profit development corporation whose mandate is to raise the bar in commercial excellence and workplace culture through:
- creation of quality jobs
- employee empowerment
- participative management
- worker involvement and development
- community responsibility
- healthy businesses and healthy employment opportunities
- The alleviation of poverty and structured underemployment in Winnipeg through the creation and transformation of market driven enterprises.
COS is a proactive economic development corporation committed to a model of sectoral employment development that will create systemic change within targeted occupational labour markets.
- Create and support market-driven enterprises that will employ low income Manitobans
- Work with established businesses to enhance and transform their operations in order to create new, empowerment-based and participatory business cultures in which low income Manitobans will have the prospect of quality employment
- Create, support and facilitate business support systems and professional networks for community-based "social entrepreneur" organizations
Web site: www.communityownershipsolutions.com
Awarded $7,500 - 2005